Monday, October 5, 2015

Julia Margaret Cameron Post 8

Julia Margaret Cameron was a pioneer of her time she was a photographer. She was a portrait photographer and she loved to stage pictures to. She worked really well with portraits and getting the emotion she wanted to capture in them.
 
Shot by: Julia Margaret Cameron

Her pictures and prints had smudges and fingerprints not just on the print but sometimes on the negative as well. Artist in today's society would argue that these imperfections made her pictures what they are today. 
Shot by: Julia Margaret Cameron

Cameron started photography in 1863 when her husband left on a trip. To cheer her up her daughter and son in law gave her a camera. She didn't know what she was doing just like any other photographer but she slowly worked it out and made some amazing shots. She was able to take what we now a days call head shots but then called portraits of famous people.




CITED 


 

2 comments:

  1. I looked her up after i saw this post, such an interesting and amazing story. She kind of gives someone like me hope when I in fact, have no idea what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked her up after i saw this post, such an interesting and amazing story. She kind of gives someone like me hope when I in fact, have no idea what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete