Monday, October 5, 2015

Sally Mann Post 2



                                             http://sallymann.com/wp-content/gallery/family-pictures/sally_mann_family_pictures_10.jpg
     Shot by: Sally Mann 

Sally Mann was brought to my attention today due to an assignment for class. Her work left me thinking outside the norm for me. Growing up in a very open household myself were clothing was optional especially in the summer time when my parents were to cheap to turn the air on. Granted it was only at night time and in between bath and bed time but still it was something I feel like most families did. So when I saw the pictures Sally Mann took it was almost like my own childhood flashbacks kinda without the camera.

1984-1991
                                                                Shot by: Sally Mann
Her shots are pure and simple to me. This photo above reminds me of going to my aunts cabin on a private lake in Perryville, Mo most of my life growing up. No one would of thought to take picture of times like these just simply live in them verses capturing them. I like that she captures the real parts of life. The little corky things we all did as kids just exploring the "unknown" to us.

CITED



No comments:

Post a Comment